Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- The scheme envisages to achieve a gross enrolment ratio of 75% from 52.26% in 2005-06 for classes IX-X within 5 years of its implementation, by providing a secondary school within reasonable distance of any habitation.
- Improve the quality of education imparted at secondary level by making all secondary schools conform to prescribed norms.
- Remove gender, socio-economic and disability barriers.
- Provide universal access to secondary level education by 2017, i.e. by the end of the 12th Five Year Plan
- Enhance and universalize retention by 2020
- Additional class rooms
- Art and crafts room
- Toilet blocks
- Drinking water provisions
- Appointment of additional teachers to reduce PTR to 30:1
- Focus on Science, Math and English education
- In-service training of teachers
- Science laboratories
- ICT enabled education
- Curriculum reforms
- Teaching learning reforms
All the Head Masters & Chairmen of School Management Development Committees(SMDC) of identified Secondary Schools are informed that State Project Office RMSA have sanctioned & released amounts vide references 1st to 6th read above from the introduction of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan” from the year 2009-10.
Further they are informed that GOI, MHRD, New Delhi have communicated a Framework for Implementation of RMSA Scheme. Based on the Frame Work of chapter IV of 4.6 the following are the details of sanctioned components, Grant of amount and details for utilization of Grants relating to Physical infrastructure, School Annual Grants under Recurring Grants :
|Repair/ replacement of Laboratory Equipments/ Purchase of Lab Consumable Articles||25,000/-||*Annual Grant of Rs. 25,000/- per School per Annum or as per Actual requirements.
* Science Lab for classes IX & X.
* Replacement and/or repairing of laboratory equipments
* Purchase of consumables/chemical etc.
* Upkeep of laboratories
* Any other activity relating to Science & Mathematics
|Purchase of Books, Periodicals, news papers etc.||10,000/-||* Purchase of books with due reference to the lists of books recommended by the KVS (or)
* List recommended by the State Governments (or)
* Rs. 10,000/- per annum or the actual expenditure, whichever is less
* Text books and reference books for teachers should also be included.
(or) as per the scheme formulated by Raja Ram Mohan Ray Library Foundation, the Nodal Agency of GOI, to support Public library Services and Systems
|Water & Electricity charges, Telephone charges, Internet Charges, other rates & taxes||15,000/-||* To the extent of Grant/Actual Expenditure whichever is less to meet the expenditure incurred|
AMOUNT UTILISED FOR SCHOOL GRANT IN 2017-18
|Sl.No||No. of Schools Received school grant|| Amount Utilised
In Service Training:
In-service Training for Professional Development – 808 subject teachers (Tamil, English, Maths, Science and Social Science) were given In service training to update the knowledge and teaching competency at the approval outlay of 24.53 lakhs.
- Mathematics Teaching through computers and Science
- Training was given by Subject Experts, DIET faculties and Resource Persons aided by Subject wise ITPD Modules (NCERT&SCERT Modules).
- PPT pr Power Point Presentation CD’s and Animated CD’s given to all teachers. NCERT, RMSA Cell ITPD SCERT Training modules were revised based on State Board Syllabus for IX and X in consultation with University Professor, DIET Faculties, Experts, Eminent Educationists, Experienced Subject Teachers.
- The training was focused on Practical Oriented teaching learning strategies and to promote students’ confidence in mathematics, curiosity, freedom and belief in doing mathematics.
|Sl.No||SUBJECT||NO OF TEACHERS||AMOUNT UTILIZED|
Goals to achieve the vision
- To provide a secondary school within a reasonable distance of any habitation or within a radius of 5 km.
- Special attention to The economically weaker sections of the society. The educationally backward and the girls in the society.
Criteria for upgrading a Middle School into a High School
- There should not be any Govt.High / Hr. Sec. Schools within the radius of 5 Km from the concerned Middle School.
- SC/ST/Minorities dominated areas.
- Concerned Middle School must have 40 or more number of students in the feeder school.
YEAR WISE NO OF SCHOOLS UPGRADED FROM MIDDLE TO HIGH SCHOOLS
|Sl.No||Year of Upgradation||No of Schools||Amount Utilized
IEDSS (INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLE AT SECONDARY STAGE)
The Centrally Sponsored IEDSS Scheme aims to enable all students with disabilities completing eight years of elementary schooling an opportunity to complete four years of secondary schooling (classes IX to XII) in an inclusive and enabling environment.
To provide educational opportunities and facilities to students with disabilities in the general education system at the secondary level
To support the training of general school teachers to meet the needs of children with disabilities at the secondary level.
- Every child with disability will be identified at the secondary level and his educational need assessed
- Every student in need of aids and appliances, assistive devices will be provided the same.
- All architectural barriers in schools are removed so that students with disability have access to classrooms, laboratories, libraries and toilets in the school.
- Each student with disability will be supplied learning material as per her requirement .
- Students with disabilities will have access to support services like the appointment of special educators, establishment of resource rooms in every block
- Model schools are set up in every state to develop good replicable practice in inclusive education
|Sl.No||Name of the Project||Expenditure Upto 31.03.2018|
|1.1||Environment building programme||100000|
|1.2||Orientation of Principals, Educational administrators parents/guardians etc.||50000|
|1.3||Salary (Previous. Educator)||409709|
|1.5||Identification and assessment (Medical Camp)||31200|
|1.7||Stipend for Girls||380000|
|Total for Recurring||1651375|
Chief Educational Officer,
Rashtriya Madhyamic Shiksha Abhiyan
Third Floor, Collectorate Annexe Building